Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tool # 10: Exploring Mobile Technology and App

I am still in the process of learning how to use mac computers. Iphones and iTouches are similars and I had been exposed to iPhones before. I love having the technology right at hand. I have internet on my phone and I really don't know what I would do without it. It even has an application that I can use to chat with my family and friends that are far away (like texting, but without the cost). It helps me with so many things, like maps, e-mails, appointments, reminders, quick searches, etc. I love having it!

My students this year really loved the mac computers and the iTouches were they favorites. They were exploring and were able to use the different math games the iTouches have. On the macs they got to explore in capturing images and recording videos. I have to say that mac computers are the best for creating and editing videos and the tagging of the pictures I think is pretty cool. I know it has a lot more things (too bad I don't have one at home to play with it).

The iTouches have a variety of applications that my kids can use just like there were on a computer, but right at hand. I think for my first graders is a lot more convinient because they can easily get from one application to another using their finger tips without having to click with the mouse on it.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how technology has changed our lives? I'm not sure I could get along very well for very long without my phone and internet connections!

    ReplyDelete